Offenbach, 2 May 2012. For many years the ROLAND 700 has been the absolute benchmark of the printing industry. Available in three different versions, HiPrint, HiPrint HS (High Speed) and DirectDrive, it has inspired not just the other format sizes of manroland sheetfed presses such as the ROLAND 200, ROLAND 500 in OB size, ROLAND 900 and 900 XXL for larger formats but virtually every press.
Most modern printing presses offered around the world today use the same principles such as the mechanical construction with double sized impression cylinder and double sized contact free transfer system, a must to guarantee the best print quality requested by today’s high end print market.
Since its launch at drupa 1990, the ROLAND 700 has undergone many improvements which are also available and sometimes come as standard on all the other manroland presses.
The fact that the ROLAND 700 is the leader in the packaging market, which is still the only one booking growth in the industry these days, it was decided it was the ideal press to showcase to visitors at drupa 2012.
The eigth-color ROLAND 700 HiPrint LV on show features all the equipment needed for high productivity in the packaging environment and the inline enhancement for the finest print effects and added value printing:
- a new generation indexed InlineFoiler system will show savings of up to 50% of metal foil
- the standard top speed of 16.000s/h on this HiPrint press has been upgraded on this machine to 17.000 s/h
- the plate changing happens 100% automatically and operator free with APL
- InlineColorPilot D+F print quality measuring and regulation system is using both densitometry and colorimetry. This InlineColorPilot is also fitted with the new InlineRegister system including ISO/PSO documentation with our PressMonitor
- the new version of InlineInspector 2.0 which is equipped with pdf verification down to 4 pts text
- the press is raised on a 550mm plinth and equipped with special cardboard package
- the complete press and the coating unit with extended delivery is equipped with UV interdeck and end of press drying from the latest generation
- Non-stop systems for feeder and delivery are on this press.
To reach an even higher level of productivity, the ROLAND 700 HiPrint HS (HighSpeed) is available at 18.000 s/h with a different feeder and delivery system to that on the standard HiPrint press. These systems are inherited from the ROLAND 700 DirectDrive which is the third model available in the ROLAND 700 series. It features the AC drive of the plate cylinders which makes it possible to change plates and wash blankets simultaneously. This significantly reduces make-ready times for profitable very short run production. Another outstanding feature of the ROLAND 700 DirectDrive is the unique print length correction during print run.
Following drupa 2012, more innovations will be available for the ROLAND 700 range. These include:
- new fully automatic non-stop system for the feeder of the HiPrint HS and DirectDrive
- blanket change in the coating unit simultaneously with plate change and roller wash-up saving precious make-ready time on the DirectDrive model
- new additions to the InlineColorPilot – the print quality measuring and regulation system integrated inside the press - which is now capable of controlling and adjusting the register automatically and also producing quality reports based on colorimetry (Lab values)
- two versions of the InlineInspector 2.0 with one or four cameras capable of checking the printed image of every single sheet and compare to PDF with 200dpi accuracy or 4pt text
- theQuickChangeColor Self Learn 2.0 intelligent color zone pre-setting for waste reduction
- new press console and user interface requiring less operator attention and offering easier handling is also unveiled at drupa 2012 as a ‘new design’ concept model.
Visitors interested in seeing more of the ROLAND 700 technology during drupa 2012 can join various organised trips to manroland’s Print Technology Centre in Offenbach. Visitors will be able to view four further ROLAND presses in all formats up to XXL including a 10-color perfecting ROLAND 700 DirectDrive and a six-color ROLAND 700 HiPrint HS (High Speed). Demonstrations of autoprint smart, for automated processes between large job signatures combined with superfast make-readies, enabled by DirectDrive technology, and full inline quality control are certainly worth the trip.